Part Time Bus Driver
Part Time Driver position with Wheeling Township, providing transportation for our community's senior and disabled residents.
Our outstanding transportation program provides over 24,000 rides annually. Patience, pleasant personality and compassion are the keys to success with this job; ability to work with seniors and disabled a must.
- Schedule may be flexible, but candidate MUST be available to drive on either Monday or Friday (our busiest days)
- Candidates must hold an IL CDL
- Must have a clean MVR
- Must be physically able to push/pull wheelchairs
Candidates will be given a thorough background check and are required to undergo a DOT physical and drug/alcohol test. Random and regular drug/alcohol testing, along with ongoing training. We are dedicated to maintaining the BEST transportation program around.
Email Lynndah Lahey for more information and to apply: LLahey@wheelingtownship.com. NO CALLS.
Join Wheeling Township's outstanding Transportation Team...and make a HUGE impact right where you live!
Join Wheeling Township's outstanding Transportation Team!
We're looking for a PT Assistant Transportation Coordinator
Hours: M - F, 8:30am - 2pm
Summary: Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, this position is responsible for efficient, effective and safe implementation of Township's transportation policies and procedures, and the daily operations of its transportation services in order to maximize effective staff scheduling and vehicle usage.
- Work with Coordinator in maintaining and organizing all ride requests and details
- Create daily Dial-A-Bus schedules;
- Monitor flow of daily rides, dispatching with high level of accuracy;
- Utilize scheduling experience to determine appropriate routes for passengers/buses;
- Process and resolve complaints in coordination with Coordinator;
- Greet potential clients in the office; answer questions; assist clients with getting signed up for Transportation program;
- Respond professionally and promptly to all phone calls, assisting clients with ride reservations and questions, and when needed, making appropriate community referrals;
- Oversee the daily TRIP operations (an external transportation partnership with Pace);
- Operate as a substitute driver on an emergency basis (CDL license not required for hire, but will be expected within 6 months)
- Working with Coordinator to efficiently and appropriately handling any incident or accident involving Township vehicles or personnel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and capacity to learn other programs quickly
- Happy, pleasant, flexible personality - ability to work with everyone
- Ability to multitask and prioritize incoming tasks, inquiries, phone calls
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and forward thinking
- Knowledge and familiarity with Township area for scheduling purposes
- Exhibit sensitivity toward senior citizens and permanently disabled individuals
- Fluent in English; Foreign language highly desired, but not required
- Applicant must pass required criminal and driving background checks, and pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol tests
- CDL license preferred, but not required for hire; will be expected within 6 months.