POSITION TITLE:Home Delivered Meals Program Coordinator
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Township's very successful Home Delivered Meals Program
- Recruit/train/schedule/maintain all Home Delivered Meals Program volunteers
- Onboard/manage all Home Delivered Meals Program clients
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Township programs and services in order to refer clients, as needed
- Excellent listening and communication skills; including public-speaking and written communication;
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented;
- Experience with volunteer recruitment/training/management;
- Knowledge of - and sensitivity to -- working with mature adults and the permanently disabled, who may have limitations of hearing, eyesight, mobility or cognitive impairment;
- Knowledge of geographic area and/or capacity to learn quickly
- Capacity to efficiently, effectively, and professionally interface with Township staff, residents and the general public
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to drive an automobile and deliver meals to a client's door
- Ability to lift 15lbs.
- Availability to work occasional nights/weekends/holidays, as required
- Others as specified
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in working with Volunteers;
- Demonstrated experience in relevant disciplines such as Project Management, Event Planning, Program Coordination and/or Volunteer Management;
- Valid IL Driver's License and reliable vehicle; proof of auto insurance;
- Criminal record check, good driving record (MVR);
- Negative pre-employment drug check required
For more information, please contact:
Director of Senior & Disability Services
(No calls, please)
WHEELING TOWNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE - GENERAL ASSISTANCE AUXILIARY CASE MANAGER
Full time Monday-Friday In office; no work from home option
BA/BS in Social Services related field
Minimum of 2 years case management experience
Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Assist the Director in all General Assistance Department duties .
- Qualify applicants and process auxiliary program applications, including, but not limited to, Access to Care, Mobile Dental Clinic, LIHEAP, SNAP, Salvation Army, Angel Fund and Food Pantry.
- Qualify applicants and process seasonal program applications, including, but not limited to, School Supplies, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Keep accurate and up to date electronic and paper files for each client at all times.
- Assist with food donation receiving and distribution.
- Screen clients to determine potential program eligibility.
- Furnish applications for eligible programs. Assist clients with completion of same, as needed.
- Request all documents or information pertinent to the case and review completed application.
- Determine eligibility of client and/or make referrals to other social service agencies.
- Ensure a DHS application has been completed for each client as appropriate. Assist with completion of same if needed
- Make referrals that will further assist applicants and recipients, ie: SNAP, housing, employment, counseling, substance abuse treatment, LIHEAP, etc.
- Dispense food to clients upon request.
- Accept donations from individuals/organizations/corporations.
- Coordinate with volunteers to organize/prepare food baskets, gifts, etc.
10. Assist in the distribution of food/gifts.
11. Assist in preparing lists which organize donations matching families to donors.
12. Contact DHS regarding clients' applications as needed.
13. Process auxiliary program applications in accordance to adopted guidelines.
14. Process seasonal applications in accordance to adopted guidelines.
15. Maintain ongoing, up to date knowledge of various agencies within the community offering programs that may further clients.
16. Attend meetings, workshops, or training sessions as directed by immediate supervisor.
17. When directed by Director of GA, assist with other projects or departments as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned.